Friday, January 24, 2014
Weekly Blog, Week 2
This week for my blog I will be talking the nominations for the Academy Awards again. This time I will be talking about the movie Wolf on Wall Street. The Wolf on Wall Street was nominated for many awards. One was for the leading role for Leonardio DiCaprio. I did agree with this nomination, I recently went to go see the movie and I have seen a lot of DiCaprios movie and I have to say he did an excellent job with this one and truly believed his character, even though I'm used to seeing him as this loving caring guy in romantic movies, he really did step up and proved he was meant to play that role. Jonah Hill was also nominated for supporting role, I thought Jonah was the perfect supporting role because he's this goofy guy you wouln't think would be so successful, it was a perfect combination and he worked great with DiCaprio. Other nominations for this movie were for Directing, Best Picture, and Writing( Adapted Screenplay). I agree with the Directing nomination and Best Picture, because the way it was shot in the way the camera was used way it was framed really helped with moments when he was so far away from his goal and had weak moments when he wasn't so powerful. The picture was great it really also does deserce that award. I do disagree with the nomination for Writing, because I do think there could of been some changes in the story itself, some parts towards the end could of been fixed to make more of an impact. Yet, besides that I think this movie desreves mostly all of the nominations and do hope they win them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment