Friday, September 6, 2013

Well of course by this time I'm sure everyone has heard of Netflix. Yet, though they have a million viewers that pay monthly to use their service, how else do they make their money? If you haven't seen yet, Netflix now has they're own TV shows that they produced and only play on there also like Hulu. A survey says that about half of the viewers watch the Netflix series. On some research that was done it is said that Netflix raised their price target from $280 to $330. About $150 million was used to make the TV shows. Yet, from a source it is said Netflix Shows will  " cut churn by establishing expectations about future potential offerings, a strategy borrowed from premium cable networks like HBO." This can help them a lot money wise and help them expand more then they already have.

This article caught my eye because literally all I watch is Netflix and knowing how they make their money or learning ways they expand interest me to always keep up with their new ideas to help them expand more.


As a consumer and film student it concerns me that Netflix does well because being able to watch as many times as I want and with a whole variety does concern me because without it , where would I watch movies?


Although Netflix's produced TV shows have become a big hit ,will their other new inventions be as good as this one?  


http://movies.yahoo.com/news/netflix-bet-originals-already-paying-off-194902500.html

No comments:

Post a Comment